cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Canon are you shooting with today?

jraproductions
Apprentice

I'm just curious, with all the great Canon cameras available new and discontinued, what is your main camera and why is it YOUR favorite?

ME? I use a few different cameras for different situations. I use primarily the Canon 5D MK II (I have 3) as my main shooting camera for weddings and on the fly type of photography work. It's a rather simple full frame that still gives great shots in low light situations and I don't care about wifi, 4K or all that.

I also use a Canon 5Ds for all in studio work or solid tripod work and it never leaves the house. It's awesome for quality, hi definition situations. I use the Canon 80D for just a run around/always with you camera and video work and a Canon T5i for video on my 11' Celestron SC telescope. It's small and light with good megapixel count.

It's always cool to me to find out what people use in todays age of all this top technology.

6 REPLIES 6

ScottyP
Authority

One 5d4, one 6d.  

Cotton Carrier 2 body system (AWESOME!!!).

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Current 6D2

Former T6s

Black Rapids Sport Breathe (single)

Lenses below, with a few APS-C not listed, but for sale.  I shoot mostly landscapes and architechture.  I'm on the fence about another body.  77D or 80D.  I have spare batts for each and some lenses.  On one hand it makes sense to go with the 80 to share batteries, but I'm hooked on the Digic7 and thats in the 77D.  I don't shoot much video.  Thinking about making my wife the back up "FER-tographer"  Smiley LOL 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Depends on the event but primarily a combination of a 1D4 and 7D2 for the action & a 1Ds2 for the static photos. For macro I use a G 9 which just died while on vacation (I use it in an underwater housing for divie photos) but it will be replaced. When I need another lens option ready to go I also put my old 1D2n to use. Until one of them can't do what I need done I'm happy with all of them & have no plans to upgrade. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@shadowsportswrote:

Current 6D2

Former T6s

Black Rapids Sport Breathe (single)

Lenses below, with a few APS-C not listed, but for sale.  I shoot mostly landscapes and architechture.  I'm on the fence about another body.  77D or 80D.  I have spare batts for each and some lenses.  On one hand it makes sense to go with the 80 to share batteries, but I'm hooked on the Digic7 and thats in the 77D.  I don't shoot much video.  Thinking about making my wife the back up "FER-tographer"  Smiley LOL 

Shortly after my wife and I got married, her Sears-Roebuck 35mm camera quit working. When I asked her what she wanted as a replacement, her immediate answer was "A camera that can use your lenses!"

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I have owned all the 1 series cameras at one time or another.  I have sold all of them except for my 1Dx, 1D Mk IV, 1D Mk IIn and my old 1D.

I just, yesterday, counted my lenses and I have 44 currently.  Sold off a bunch of them this year, too. Smiley Happy

Of course I use the 1Dx the most with the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens on it.  My next most used and favorite lens is my Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens.  Those two lenses make up 75% of what I do since I retired from full time photographic work.

I do have a few other favs, the Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Lens and its big cousin the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Canon. 

There are a few 'unique' lenses I love.  One is the Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Lens already mentioned and the Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens and its big brother Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Lens. I consider the Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Lens a must have lens.  Everybody should own this lens. It is not expensive and it is a joy to use.  It is light for hand-holding and has a reasonably fast f5.6 aperture.

Last two favorites that I use considerbly is the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Lens and the super great Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens.

Smiley Very Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star

5DsR with a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM

99% of my choice is landscape on a Manfroto 190 Tripod

Announcements