cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFT-8 (A) / 1DX Mark 2 Questions

ballyscanlon
Contributor

HI.

just received my Canon 1DX Mark II nd with it the WFT-E8 (a).

i very familiar with canon EOS cameras, but i am clueless when it comes to WFT-E8 and getting it to talk/transfer files to my Macbook Pro.

the device came with a CD (which is useless these days), 2 calls to canon support and they were able to get a manual pdf from the european website.

manual is great, shows me all the different options i can connec with (there are several it seems), but as ive never used this before i dont know which one i SHOULD be using.

i am planning on shooting raw files, sometimes in an interior location where there may be WIFI (sometimes slow), other times where there is no WIFI.

anyone familiar with this device or its predecessor that can tell me:

1.  whats the reliable/fast transfer method to set this up on WITH and WITHOUT WIFI.

thank you

john

4 REPLIES 4

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@ballyscanlon wrote:

HI.

just received my Canon 1DX Mark II nd with it the WFT-E8 (a).

i very familiar with canon EOS cameras, but i am clueless when it comes to WFT-E8 and getting it to talk/transfer files to my Macbook Pro.

the device came with a CD (which is useless these days), 2 calls to canon support and they were able to get a manual pdf from the european website.

manual is great, shows me all the different options i can connec with (there are several it seems), but as ive never used this before i dont know which one i SHOULD be using.

i am planning on shooting raw files, sometimes in an interior location where there may be WIFI (sometimes slow), other times where there is no WIFI.

anyone familiar with this device or its predecessor that can tell me:

1.  whats the reliable/fast transfer method to set this up on WITH and WITHOUT WIFI.

thank you

john

If you don't have a external CD reader for your computer, you might consider buying one. Even the genuine Apple one is under $100 at Amazon, and 3rd party ones are closer to $25.

Tim
Authority

Hello ballyscanlon

In order to provide assistnace we'd want to ask some clarifying information such as whether or not you wish to save th eimages while you are shooting?  Or, will you be transferring files that you've already shot? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hi.

specifically i would like the images to 'transfer' as i shoot.  i use Capture One to view and adjust images.

so ideally i would like the images to be viewable by someone as i shoot, or at least viewable on the laptop when i stop to shoot and want to see the results.

thanks.

john

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Here's some info on options. 

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2012/wft_setup_guides.shtml

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements