cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewfinder trouble on 70D

Twinmum
Apprentice

Hi, I've had my camera (70D) for a few years now  and this morning it started doing something it has never done before.  When I turn the camera on I can't see through the viewfinder (yes lens cap is off) It happens in all modes, however, while it is on, if I turn the dial to change modes a couple of times, it clicks and then I can see through the viewfinder. I can then move the dial back to the setting I want and can see through the viewfinder still. However, as soon as the camera is turned off and then back on, the problem returns.

I saw a similar problem here about seeing through the viewfinder and so followed the suggestion of removing the lens and dusting out the cavity while holding the camera facing down. I've checked and the lens is attached properly. Neither of these fixed the problem.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You could have Live View enabled, or Movie mode enalbed.  I don't think so, though.  Check for Mirror Lockup mode being enabled.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You could have Live View enabled, or Movie mode enalbed.  I don't think so, though.  Check for Mirror Lockup mode being enabled.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

OK, now I feel foolish... just checked and it was in live mode. Flipped the switch and now it's back to normal. Thank you Waddizzle

Announcements