cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using T5i with studio flashes

TransTec
Contributor

I'm trying to set my T5i to work with studio flashes. I bought a Vello hotshoe adapter and set it up on the camera. The strobes work, but only if I turn Live View off. If the screen is on, the flashes won't fire.

Hopefully I'm missing something here, because it'd be nice to use the flashes with Live View on.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It just may not be possible to use Live View with the studio flashes; turning the screen off isn't that big a deal. Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Turn off ETTL.  It should work in manual.  After the camera determines meter it should work anyway.  But it will work in manual.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Not seeing how to do that. If I go into the camera menu and choose Flash Control, under ETTL Metering there are only two choices: Evaluative or Average. Neither seems to affect the operation of the flash.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

BTW, you might try to reset the camera to default settings.  Whenever strange stuff happens, reset the camera.  Who knows what you may have set or accidentally set incorrectly?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yeah, I ran into that after a couple hours of choosing about everything I could think of, without success. A good point, though, and one I'll remember.
Announcements