cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED Are those 70Ds "overheating" fixed forever?

Haves
Apprentice

We dont have to argue anymore about this thing, yet i want to know if the problem would still persist in the future.

Note : i can't find any thread with "heatsink" keyword.

Note2 : this is a fresh 70D from a guy who only use it for 3 days. Later sold because he bought 80D what the f*

(he is rich or something, or maybe he found out that 70D is faulty, but lets not do this again)

Canon Service Center told me they would replace the 70D mainboard assembly with "PCB ASSY MAIN EOS70D W/. SHEET HEATSINK." is this 'heatsink' the new part people are talking about? so i bought 70D without heatsink? well, then the heatsink would actually stop the "overheating" problem.

BUT if i already bought 70D with heatsink in it, then that would just like replacing a spoon with another identical spoon. It could and highly possible to "oveheat" again.

4 REPLIES 4

Haves
Apprentice
Update : just got answer from customer service, they say its a new part and that it "SHOULDN'T" overheat again

@Haveswrote:
Update : just got answer from customer service, they say its a new part and that it "SHOULDN'T" overheat again

Tell that board that if it overheats and craps out, you'll have it melted down for its heavy metal content.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@Haveswrote:

"Shouldn't" is the key work there.  I "wouldn't" buy a 70D myself.  I won't tell someone else not to.  Have also read at least 2 posts from people who had their PCB replaced, and it failed again.  That doesn't mean yours will. Best alternatives in APS-C are 77D or 80D.  Each has minor +/-.  Weight, weatherproofing, shutter speed / ISO, performance capabilities/limitations.  Depends on what you want to shoot (famous last words) but in this case, perfectly true. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsportswrote:

Best alternatives in APS-C are 77D or 80D.  Each has minor +/-.  Weight, weatherproofing, shutter speed / ISO, performance capabilities/limitations.  Depends on what you want to shoot (famous last words) but in this case, perfectly true. 

i'm using this 70D as both video and stills. Since i believe that all canon DSLR lines are great for stills, Do you have any recommendation for a model that has more if not the same 'video' capabilities as my 70D? (under $1200)

Announcements