cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking professional photos with smooth and statical expression

bryndis
Apprentice

Dear Canon forum.

I write here because I want to ask you for a litle help or instructions.  I want to get the best of my camera, which is a Canon eos 5d Mark III and I normlly use a 50 mm 1.8f lins.  I have been taking a lots of pictures the past half year, and getting more and more experienced.  The thing I wondered about though, is that, I dont seam to bee able to create images which have a professional touch as those two firs images, even though they are taking with the same camera as mine, Canon eos 5D mark3 and lens 50mm 1.8 (the two last ones are my own images)  They look more statical and have this smooth expression, that I really like.  I am aware of the importence of lighting and position og the camera and model, as well as the settings of ISO, AV, TV - the different picture styles and white balance.  Still there s something I am not getting right - and maybe you have an idé of what i could try out to be able to take such a beautiful picures? 

Hope you can help me

Best

Bryndis

IMG_4294.PNGIMG_4269.PNGIMG_3814.JPGIMG_4272.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

The two professional pictures are technically better, in that they have better brightness and contrast. But in terms of composition and the models' expressions, I like yours better. Maybe your first priority should be to work on your post-processing skills.

I'm puzzled by the washed-out look of the traffic light in your first picture. Maybe it has some sort of high-speed flicker that requires a slower shutter speed to catch the entire color spectrum.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The first and last photo are good the other two not so much.

Besides getting exposure right, we'll forget it for now, the photo needs to say something.  It needs to tell a story or make you wonder or ask for more,etc.  That type stuff otherwise it is just a snapshot.

IMHO, the one with the rose is just silly.  The next one does make you wonder what is she thinking?

Now you must get exposure correct for what you are trying to say or show.  The last one needs to be in focus another number one point.

Lastly you must have what we call the "eye".  Some have it, some don't, some will get it, some never will.  Check out other great photograaphers work.  The more the better.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

The first and last photo are good the other two not so much.

Besides getting exposure right, we'll forget it for now, the photo needs to say something.  It needs to tell a story or make you wonder or ask for more,etc.  That type stuff otherwise it is just a snapshot.

IMHO, the one with the rose is just silly.  The next one does make you wonder what is she thinking?

She's thinking, "I wonder if I should have bought these boots."

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements