Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

Re: Slow buffering when shooting high burst mode with my 7DMarkii.....what is the fastest SD card?

OK...so i'll get my first CF card...So Peter there was nothing wrong with your information the first time around..
Reputable Contributor

Re: Slow buffering when shooting high burst mode with my 7DMarkii.....what is the fastest SD card?

iris wrote:
OK...so i'll get my first CF card...So Peter there was nothing wrong with your information the first time around..

Don´t forget to check the write speed of the CF card. The SD card you wrote about from Lexar has a write speed of maximum 75 MB/s and a read speed of maximum 150 MB/s.

---------------------------------------------------------
My Swedish blog

M5, 7D, 6D, D30, 1000D IR, 16-35/4L IS, 16-35/4LIS, 17-40/4L, 100/2,8 Macro, 70-200/2,8L IS II, 17-55/2.8 IS, 24-105/4L, 85/1,8, 50/1,4, 24/1,4L II, 24-80/3.5-5.6, Helios 58/2

Darktable, RawTherapee, Photomatix, Luminance HDR, GIMP 2.9.3.
Frequent Contributor

I feel I have bought a Volkswagen. However, I will be using my camera tomorrow to test out your theory that perhaps the number shown on the viewfinder is not necessarily the number of shots one gets before buffering. Also, I will take the advice offered here s out the better performance from the CF card. Thank everyone for your responses! !
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I just shot some White Water Rafting action today using both my 1D4 & 7D2. The photos will be used commercially by the rafting company. Ran up against the buffer a few times with the 1D4 but not once using the 7D2 in a similar manner. Fast write speeds are the answer to your problem.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."