cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter Count for 60D

jazzman1
Rising Star

I've searched the web and googled to find a program that can tell me my shutter count on my Canon 60D.  I only found 2 solutions, Eoscount, and Magic Lantern.   I tried Eoscount and it would'nt work, I think because my Pc is Windows 8.1 64 bit.  It seems to work well with windows 7.   I'm kind of leery to use Magic Lantern while my Camera is still under warranty.   Does anyone know a program to find shutter count, or anyother way I can find my shutter count????. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

PM sent.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

See message 35 above. 

One further thought: The usual reason for wanting the shutter count is so that if you're selling the camera, you can brag about how low it is. But no buyer is going to believe the count unless it's certified by Canon. If you're the buyer, you shouldn't either.

If I reset the shutter count I doubt that Canon will find it.

Anyway, I checked both my 6D and my 7D at Canon this week. Magic Lantern was right about the shutter count with both of my cameras.

If I reset the shutter count I doubt that Canon will find it.

Is there really a way to reset the shutter count ?

nishantnkr
Apprentice

Hi John,

Could you please help me with the way to find out shuttercount on my 60D?

thanks!

Nishant

I use the same software as Tim does above.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
See TCampbell's post above. Same software I use.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Jayanta-P
Apprentice

How can I know the shutter count of my Canon 60 D ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jayanta P.

See message 35 above.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
See message 35 above.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

blurwi
Apprentice

Hello John, I have just purchased a 7D trusting the person saying it hasn't been used that much. I would nevertheless like to know what the shutter count is. Ahy help would be appreciated.

@blurwi wrote:

Hello John, I have just purchased a 7D trusting the person saying it hasn't been used that much. I would nevertheless like to know what the shutter count is. Ahy help would be appreciated.

Shutter Count (Dire Studio) has a list of supported cameras.  The 7D is on that list.  See their website for the full list and any conditions.  They have a mac version, a Windows version, and an iOS version and the list of supported cameras varies depending on which platform you use (mac vs. PC vs. iOS).

The usual disclaimers apply... this is 3rd party software (not Canon software).  The only offical Canon supported/approved method to determine shutter count is to send the camera in to Canon (they do not publish a utility that allows consumers to directly view the info).   Normally people don't send cameras to Canon just to learn the shutter count... more commonly they send the camera in either for a routine cleaning or for other service... and ask Canon to provide them with the shutter count (and Canon happily obliges).

Apart from sending the camera to Canon, there are a few 3rd party methods.  I use "Shutter Count" as I've found it to be reliable with each of the Canon models that I've used so far.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements