cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen and most settings stopped working on my 70D

danconerd
Apprentice

Not sure what I should do first, so I figured I start here. 

I believe I may of slightly bumped my camera last week and since then the screen has only been working half the time, it will work on the first snap and then not after that and then I also noticed that the settings won't change when I go press any of the top buttons. 

Any suggestions on what my next steps should be would be great. I thought maybe there would be a way to do a factory reset or maybe plug it in via the HDMI to a computer or tv screen and then go in to see if I can find a problem that way or if I should just send it into Canon to try to have the experts tell me if it's alive or dead. 

Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can go into the menu and clear all camera setting. Check your manual for resetting camera settings. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I cannot imagine 'bumping it slightly' would cause it to fail. I bang my 6D into stuff all the time and suffered no ill effects. (knock wood) These cameras are designed with a few bumps and knocks in mind.

Your failure might just be coincedental to the recent bump. You can try resetting things but after a few cursory attempts at a correction I would probably just send it to Canon.

Announcements