cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card Dropping "Files on 6D

photopro
Contributor

Canon 6D shooting in RAW only and using the Canon Camera Connect software on an Android phone. I saved some photos to the phone like i always do so I can show people their images, etc. so i know i had the images. But when i downloaded the photos i noticed some, including the ones i downloaded on the phone were not on the card. By the image numbers its missing like 50 files! YIKES!! i 2x checked the card, since i havent formatted it yet, and there are 50 files missing, and you can tell by the time date theres a half hour missing. I knew i had them on the card originally since i downloaded some onto the phone. I do remember changing cards as i was asked to do video once i got there but it was too dark, and i wasnt hired to do video anyway. I checked the other cards i have and no luck. Could a card drop files? If i didnt have them on my phone it would not be such a mystery, but i know i had them originally. have an important job this weekend so i am not using that card, and hope its not a camera issue... thought appreciated. thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Ray-uk
Whiz

If you are sure that they were there before then they must have got deleted when you downloaded them to the phone, is that an option you can set anywhere, of course the file headers could have become corrupted during the download making them appear to be not there.

Was the card originally formatted in the camera, is the card a proper SD card and not a micro SD in an adaptor. It is more likely to be a card issue than a camera one.

Providing you haven't written too much to the card since the loss then you may be able to recover some of them using one of the file recovery programs that are freely available.

Can the Canon Connect app transfer RAW files?  I was under the impression that only JPEG files would be accepted for wifi downloads.

photopro wrote:

Canon 6D shooting in RAW only and using the Canon Camera Connect software on an Android phone. I saved some photos to the phone like i always do so I can show people their images, etc. so i know i had the images. But when i downloaded the photos i noticed some, including the ones i downloaded on the phone were not on the card. By the image numbers its missing like 50 files! YIKES!! i 2x checked the card, since i havent formatted it yet, and there are 50 files missing, and you can tell by the time date theres a half hour missing. I knew i had them on the card originally since i downloaded some onto the phone. I do remember changing cards as i was asked to do video once i got there but it was too dark, and i wasnt hired to do video anyway. I checked the other cards i have and no luck. Could a card drop files? If i didnt have them on my phone it would not be such a mystery, but i know i had them originally. have an important job this weekend so i am not using that card, and hope its not a camera issue... thought appreciated. thanks!

Have you looked in all of the folders on the cards? If you use a card in more than one camera, the files from each camera will usually be placed in a different folder. The fact that you did a bit of card shuffling raises that possibility.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

fOUND THE PROBLEM! i put the card i switched to back in the camera and the images were on another card, BUT they did not show up in Windows Explorer until i sorted for date. There were other images on the card from an earlier date and initially Windows File Ex. only showed images from the previous date. I dont really know why they wouldnt show up in File Explorer until i sorted them for date, seems like they would have shown up without doing that. At least i know nothing is wrong with the camera or the cards.... NOw if i can only get that 600 ex rt to fire 100% of the time LOL!!

droider
Apprentice

hi photopro, did you try Recuva app? I think this is the best software (among the free ones) to recover photos. Also I'd recommend you to check this tutorial. Hope it will help you.

Announcements