cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution Coming Out Not HD

ronthegoon
Apprentice

I've been learning how to shoot video on a 60D. I've been setting the camera to shoot at a 1920 x 1080 resolution at 24fps. But when I upload the footage from my card onto my computer, the dimensions of the footage are suddenly 1280 x 720. Can anybody explain this discrepancy? 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ronthegoon wrote:

I've been learning how to shoot video on a 60D. I've been setting the camera to shoot at a 1920 x 1080 resolution at 24fps. But when I upload the footage from my card onto my computer, the dimensions of the footage are suddenly 1280 x 720.

Can anybody explain this discrepancy? 

Nope.  We need to know more information.  What type of computer, and Operating System?  What software are you using to perform the transfer? 

What software are you using to process the video, which I assume is what tells you it is 1280 x 720?  What is the resolution of your computer monitor that you are using to edit the video files?  Any chance your screen resolution is 1280 x 720?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the response. Here's all the info:

I'm on a "MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)" using "OS X Yosemite." I'm putting the card into my laptop and loading the footage into the "Photos" app. My "Built-in Display," which I believe is the same thing as my screen resolution is 2880 x 1800.

Announcements