cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reliable Camera Dealers

stlouisblues
Contributor

Hello:

I am looking for names of reliable camera shops that sell Canon DSLR cameras and accessories. In the past, I have found reviews on the internet that have not been positive pertaining to customer experience with certain dealers. 

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

Stephen

Hi stlouisblues!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums, and thanks for posting! 

We highly recommend purchasing from an Authorized Canon Dealer. That will ensure you're purchasing from a seller that will include a product that is intended for the US market, and will have a warranty for the USA, rather than being GRAY MARKET.

You'll find a list of online and local dealers HERE.

We hope this helps! 

What I would like as far as a reply to my original inquiry is what  retail camera store has anyone had a consistent positive dealing with in purchasing new/used camera equipment. 

I would like to purchase a couple of new full-frame Canon bodies, plus accessories and I am wondering if I would be better off dealing with Canon directly, as I have talked to some dealers that made me shy away from purchasing any photographic equipment from them for one reason or another.

I would like names of dealers that you would recommend that you have confidence in from past experience purchasing photographic equipment.

Thank you.

I have used B&H for decades going back into the days prior to the internet and have always been satisifed with their pricing and service.  My Canon 1DM2 and 1DXM2 bodies along with my lenses have all been purchased through B&H and I recently bought a DNP DS-820A printer from them getting the same great service they provide for their Canon items.

They do have some items available both through normal and gray market channels but unlike some dealers they clearly indicate the gray market products so you are the one deciding whether it is worth the risk to buy a product without a valid U.S. warranty.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Hello: 

Thank you for the information.

I started back in the 1970s to buy from B&H and I was able to use the same salesperson for my purchases and never had a problem. 

Since the B&H salesperson retired, each time I had to use a different person at B&H  for ordering photographic equipment and it resulted in mixed reviews and I may have to look elsewhere. Therefore, I might as well call Canon USA and check with their ordering procedure.

Buy directly from Canon...  or B&H.  No need to look to elsewhere.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I primarily buy from B&H Photo and have had positive experiences.

I have occasionally used Adorama ... but I had a problem with a particular product from Adorama and 3 attempts to get them to correct it later... I gave up on them.

Apart from that, I have a local "real" camera store (not a big box store that happens sell cameras) that I like. 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Has anyone ever had any positve/negative experience with ordering from Kenmore Camera or Roberts Camera?

Thank you.

Three months ago I purchased a used Canon ACK-E4 AC adapter and DC coupler from Roberts Camera via their ebay listing but that was my only interaction with them. Shipping was immediate and item was in like new condition with all original materials

I wanted something that I could use other than batteries to power my 1DX M2 when transferring files to the PC and this older model is shown on the system map in the 1DX M2 manual as being compatible.  For  $27 shipped it was a much better deal than buying the new 1DX specific model which is over $600 for the AC adapter plus DC coupler 🙂  I don't mind paying higher prices for Canon body and lens quality but $600 for less than $30 of Chinese electronics in an AC adapter was a little steep for my tastes - especially since this was an included in the box accessory with my 1DM2 back in 2005.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thank you for all the helpful information. 

Announcements