cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No shutter speed / aperature / ISO info in viewfinder on 6D Mark ii

CanonPhotoGear
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

Brand new Canon 6D Mark ii purchased 2 in December.

I only started using it yesterday ( I've been out of town on business for some time. )

When I look through the viewfinder, the shutter speed / aperture / ISO settings ARE NOT showing up when I half press

the shutter button.

I DO get all the on-screen info that you can turn on ( page 82 of the manual )

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300027469/01/eos6d-mk2-im-en.pdf 

That on-screen viewfinder options are available by check-marking them "ON" using the LCD display.

-- That is not the problem....

Under those options, in the viewfinder is a long black bar area ... that's where you will see your shutter speed,

aperature, and also ISO settings..... that area stays black, I've never seen any info light up there upon pressing the shutter button ( half press )

I am a long time Canon users, going way back to the Canon G2. ( that's a LONG time ago )  Then went with a Canon 20D, 50D, 60D and now the 6D Mark ii.   Never had any problem until now.

Super super depressing Man Sad

3 REPLIES 3

bento2
Enthusiast

Not sure if this will help, but had a similar issue with a Canon 7D.

Canon Australia fitted a locking mode dial for me, and on return tyhere was no display in the bottom of thye viewfinder.

Turned out the Tech. had disconnected the harness coneector when he remove the top cover from the body but failed to fully reconnect on reassembly.

If yours camera is new, possibly the result of incorrect factopry assembly?

Hi there, thanks for the info.  Interesting indeed.

Mine is brand new, right out of the box.  

I hope I get mine fixed for free.  I am in Canada and bought the camera from B&H Photo in the United States.

I really hope Canada will repair it for free.  ( at this point I have no clue what they will do ) but I did speak to Canada Canada today and they said what is happening is NOT normal.  That part of the display in the viewfinder is always ON, there's no way to turn it off... so it's broken for sure.

Thanks for telling me your story.  It's nice to hear from others.

"I am in Canada and bought the camera from B&H Photo in the United States."

Can't you return it to B&H ?  Let them send you another one.  B&H is great to deal with about returns.

BTW, if you bought it from B&H it should be covered by Canon USA warranty, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements