cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 5d mark 3 says it can't recognize card1.

tallen5262
Apprentice

I have a fairly new  5D Mark 3 and it is saying it won't recognize Card1. It says to format the card but the camera will not do so. Very dissapointing in a new and expensive model camera. I have tried new cards and old cards and get the same message with both. Any help will be much appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18

I had he same issue with my 5D Mark III, contacted canon tried 4 different cards rebooted the camera and

finally had to send it in. They fixed the issue with the camera bu I never really found out what it was. It took about a week

to finally get it back.

orfeous
Contributor

@tallen5262 wrote:

I have a fairly new  5D Mark 3 and it is saying it won't recognize Card1. It says to format the card but the camera will not do so. Very dissapointing in a new and expensive model camera. I have tried new cards and old cards and get the same message with both. Any help will be much appreciated.

Just bought a new 5dmk3 and just tried my camera with my new CF-card and got the same message as you.

I cant do a format or take a picture with it.

My old CF-card seems not to work in the camera either.

New CF-card works in my older camera though.

New SD-card works in camera like a charm..

so..  i dont know what to do.

Take the camera to the local shop? and let them send it to service? or should i get another camera?

send it to canon service myself?

5D Mk3

The camera should shoot whether it has a card in it or not.  Unless you turned off shoot without card in the menu.

Get a flash light and look foa bent pin in the CF card slot.

How old is this camera?  If it is less than a year Canon will warranty it.  If it is a few days send it back.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The camera works, both with SD-card inserted and without a card with the special setting that allows you to shoot
without a card.

I have searched for any bent pint or other pin-issie but i really cant see anything wrong.

The camera is like 1-2 days old 🙂 so i will go to the store with it Monday.

Why can i read that this is very common for this model?

i have owned several canon eos XXD cameras without any CF-slot issues at all.. used them for years and years etc 🙂

5D Mk3

Take it back to the store, today!

"Why can i read that this is very common for this model?"  Smiley Surprised

I have never heard of this being a problem and I know lots of people with 5D3's.  Don't believe all you read on the internet.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Problem solved!

Got a new one 🙂

5D Mk3

ziondarl
Apprentice

i bougth a new cf card for my cano 5d mark iii. should i format the card before using it to shoot video. 

alxmcandalla
Apprentice

did you happen to find a solution to the problem you were having with the SD card?  Im having the same problem.

LucyLu33
Apprentice

I had this problem too! If I didn't jam the CF card down all the way into it's slot, it would work fine. The little grey toggle that rises up all the way when you push the CF card all the way down, should only rise up about half way, flush with the CF card itself. No idea if this'll fix your problem but it fixed mine!!

Announcements