cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 5D mrk ii won't turn on

Canon5DMRKIII
Contributor

Hello,

I turned my brother's camera on and now it won't turn on. When I remove the battery and put it back in the first few times, the red light would flash. Now it doesn't flash. I'm sure the batteries are full.

I've read that removing the batteries, CF card and clock battery from the body and leaving it alone wouldn't help. Also, I replaced clock battery in, but didn't help.

Any solutions?

Alternatively if I can't fix it myself, do you guys know any cheap places to get it fixed?   Please help. Thanks!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I suggest contacting Canon US Support.  It won't be cheap, but it will be worth it.  The camera will most likely seem to be like a brand new unit when you get it  back.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

lly3988
Rising Star

It could possibly be a micro switch of the battery door/CF card door. It may not look exactly the same on your 5D2 but go to 2:50 of the video and check it out how people do with 70D. A pin/tooth pick and a tiny drop of lubricant (oil), if necessary may be able to solve the problem.

https://youtu.be/nBmtTQn3RlE

Do not use excessive force. If you can't handle it, send your camera to Canon repair.

Thank you so much.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I suggest contacting Canon US Support.  It won't be cheap, but it will be worth it.  The camera will most likely seem to be like a brand new unit when you get it  back.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you so much.

lly3988
Rising Star

It could possibly be a micro switch of the battery door/CF card door. It may not look exactly the same on your 5D2 but go to 2:50 of the video and check it out how people do with 70D. A pin/tooth pick and a tiny drop of lubricant (oil), if necessary may be able to solve the problem.

https://youtu.be/nBmtTQn3RlE

Do not use excessive force. If you can't handle it, send your camera to Canon repair.

Hello,

...sorry, I forgot to mention you about before I can't turn it on again.  I saw an error 20.

Please help

Thanks,

Announcements