cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark IV Doesn't focus on remote shooting using android app

eslamvet
Contributor

I had purchased camera 5D Mark IV. I tried to use my mobile as wireless remote shooting. the camera had connected normally to phone and the application run normally with live view on mobile screen. The issue here is that I could not focus by touching any area on live view on mobile screen. I unistalled the app and reinstalled once more time and no change.

Also I tried another mobile but the same.

Anybody could help in that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eslamvet
Contributor
The issue appear during live mode on mobile

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tim
Authority

Hello eslamvet, 

In order for the community at large to provide assistance, we would like to ask some additional questions.  What is the type of mobile device that you are using at this time?  Were you previously able to use the touch AF function? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

eslamvet
Contributor
Hi Tim;
That happened with different mobile models (Iphone & Samsung). By the end of searching of Canon Forum I reached the solution.
The problem appears when I change AF button to do other function rather than Auto Focus. So to avoid having such problem I reset such customization of AF button to be its default. I had found that trouble shooting in a topic here in forum and tried it and the problem is now over. But I believe that this is a design issue in Mark 4. Many people claimed for that issue and I had read a technical guy describes why this happens.

@eslamvet wrote:
Hi Tim;
That happened with different mobile models (Iphone & Samsung). By the end of searching of Canon Forum I reached the solution.
The problem appears when I change AF button to do other function rather than Auto Focus. So to avoid having such problem I reset such customization of AF button to be its default. I had found that trouble shooting in a topic here in forum and tried it and the problem is now over. But I believe that this is a design issue in Mark 4. Many people claimed for that issue and I had read a technical guy describes why this happens.

It is not a design issue.  Create and save a custom shooting mode, Remote Shooting.  That’s why they exist.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

eslamvet
Contributor
I can customize everything. The only button has the issue is AF button. Many people has the same issue. What do you call it?

eslamvet
Contributor
The issue appear during live mode on mobile
Announcements