cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major tethering issues with lightroom

schulm99
Apprentice

Trying to tether capture using light room and a Canon 60D. When I try to take a picture the camera will display a flashing BUSY. When unplugged this does not happen. If that problem doesn't happen I will take a picture and it will work just fine, if I take another, it will become stuck transferring the pictures and will never finish, even if I try turning the camera off the Camera will say i'ts in the middle of transferring files and will not shut off unless I take the battery or memory card out of the camera. If that doesn't happen Lightroom just crashes and I need to restart it.

Sometimes I can take a picture and it will all work fine. Usually only the first few.

Shooting at S1 no raws because that is all the quality I need and I thought It would make workflow faster. Using a generic USB about 2ft, and a more expensive special tethering cord about 15ft both are causing the problem. On OS X 10.10.5. Lightroom (2015.2.1) was updated a month or two ago, and the 60D has up to date firmware as well.

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am going to suggest either LR or your OS is the problem.  Of course high quality active USB cables are best.

I use LR to tether all the time but on a PC with Win 10.  Works perfectly every time.

So if that is the case you need to contact Adobe and/or Apple for answers.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Ernie's correct about this is more likely an Apple, or Adobe, issue than one with the camera.  Can you download pictures from the camera into LR without issue?

Are you using any AC adapters?  If so, as a test, unplug everything, and see if you still have the issue with everything running on battery power.  Don't be too surprised if the problem goes away when you run on batteries, and only appears when you use the AC adapters, most especially the one for your laptop.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements