cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMC card tecognized but not SD card

Hdjdkdkdkdkdjfv
Apprentice
Hi! My trust 16GB SD card suddenly couldnt be accessed on my camera, neither could any of the three other SD cards i tried. But a random 32 MB MMC card worked just fine. Unfortunately, it could only fit 3 photos 😕

I am suspecting something’s wrong with the camera’s card reseptors since the MMC card only has 7 reseptors while an SD card has 9. Any tips?
1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Same failure with different cards could indicate the camera.  Maybe try canned air and also cleaning the cards contacts with a Qtip and very very small amount of alcohol.  You might be able to look inside the slot with a very bright light, but it's gong to be difficult.  If you used something other than the camera to format the cards, you might try using the camera instead, but if the camera won't read and/or allow you to format, a trip to Canon should be the next step.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements