cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live View

sapics
Contributor

Just purchased a  5dMK1V as  an upgrade from the  5DMK111, so  have a  bit of learning  to  do, I would like to  see  the  level when I'm using  live view but can't make it  happen via  menu settings. It  does appear if live view is off though  and  I'm using  the  view finder.

Also  I used to  be able  to  move  the exposure   around in  live view with the  multi  controller so  I could measure the exposure indifferent  parts of the  image, is  this  still possible with the  MK1V ?.

Also  is  there a  "how  to manual " available not the  standard tome  that  comes  with the  camera 

Any help greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

9 REPLIES 9

sapics
Contributor

Update

I've worked out  that  if  auto exposure is  enabled then the  exposure target appears in  live  view and  can be  moved around  with the  multi function  button. 

Would like this  feature  to  be  enabled with  manual  exposure though BTW I use  Canon  L series EF lens's

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I'm not sure what it is you're asking.  You should be able to view the electronic level by pressing INFO.

I suggest that you read your camera's "standard tome" that is available for download from Canon.  Use the camera, and test out these features that you're asking about.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

By "level" I think he means "exposure".

@kvbarkley wrote:

By "level" I think he means "exposure".

No I'm  talking  about the electronic level , sorry for any  confusion 

Page  82  of the  supplied  manual discusses displaying  the  level  during  live  view  by pressing the  info button, there  is also  a  footnote warning  of  face recognition and  the electronic level, see page 302.

Read everything pertaing to  the electonic  level, but can't get it to  display in  live  view, btw it  does display in the  viewfinder when I press the  info  button, or enable it menu settings.

@Waddizzle wrote:

I'm not sure what it is you're asking.  You should be able to view the electronic level by pressing INFO.

I suggest that you read your camera's "standard tome" that is available for download from Canon.  Use the camera, and test out these features that you're asking about.

Hi 

Thanks  for  replying, see my  response cto  the other  person 

How many times do you push INFO?  Repeated presses cycles the data displays.

@Waddizzle wrote:

How many times do you push INFO?  Repeated presses cycles the data displays.

Thanks I have read  the  manual  and  understand that each push  displays a different  screen depending  on how you've configuredthem it simply does not display the level for  some reason .

If you can see it in the Viewfinder, then you should be able to see it in Live View.  Contact Canon U.S. Support.

@Waddizzle wrote:

If you can see it in the Viewfinder, then you should be able to see it in Live View.  Contact Canon U.S. Support.

Hi 

Thanks  to  all  who  responded to  my  question, I fixed it  by  resetting  the  camera  back  to  default and  reconfiguring the options  on  the  info  button to  my  needs. So  can't say what the issue was, only that I suspect it was tied up  with  facial  recognition  and  autofocus.

Thanks again 

Announcements