cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line in photos - Help!

tylerwood3
Apprentice

Hello all, hoping for some help with the following issue I've been having on my relatively new EOS 80D.  I've been having this line appear in the same spot in most photos. See the attached picture in the upper right corner.  It looks like the arm of a pair of glasses.  It appears on all lenses, I've tried using a dust blower on the mirror, nothing has helped.  While it won't appear on all photos, it almost always appears on photos with a high f stop.  Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks.line.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

diverhank
Authority

My guess would be a hair on the camera sensor. To clean, do this:

1. Set the "clean camera sensor" option to manual via the menu. 

2. Remove the lens

3. When you do #1 , the mirror and shutter will open to allow view of the sensor.

4. tilt the camera sensor towards the ground and use a blower to blow at the sensor

5. Disable the clean sensor in the menu to close the mirror and shutter

6. Put lens back on and try taking a picture to see if the line is still there.

7.  If not successful, you may need to clean the sensor with a swab or to have it professionally cleaned.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Thank you so much! I'll give it a try.

ScottyP
Authority

Yep. 100% right. Hair on sensor. The blower should work. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements