cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to show videos on my camera on a tv or monitor? I have a Mark iii

JPhardboiled
Contributor

Say I'm on vacation and want to show people video I've recorded OR I want to monitor what I'm recording on a TV/monitor.

Is there an output for this on the Mark iii?

3 REPLIES 3

jazzman1
Rising Star

@JPhardboiled wrote:

Say I'm on vacation and want to show people video I've recorded OR I want to monitor what I'm recording on a TV/monitor.

Is there an output for this on the Mark iii?

You should have a HDMI output jack in your camera.  If so get a HDMI cord/cable, hook it into your camera and TV.  Put the "source input" of the TV (from tv remote), to the HDMI input, that the HDMI cord is plugged into.  Wach your video.

Hi jazzman1, I have a question: in this way will my camdra or TV do the deocding and playing?

@Janekong wrote:

Hi jazzman1, I have a question: in this way will my camdra or TV do the deocding and playing?

Yes.  If you use a "HDMI" cable/cord between TV and Camera/camcorder everything is decoded and things will play normal, if it's a video recorded on that camera.  You control the video from your camera/camcorder.  But both the TV and camera/camcorder must have HDMI (input/output) ports.  All new HD TV's (LCD/Plasma) have HDMI input ports.  Camera's that record HD should have HDMI output jacks.  Many camera's don't come with a HDMI cable/cord, you have to purchase one.

Announcements