cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Flash fires, but pictures turn out dark / EOS 700D

Thomsen_85
Contributor

I need help (with my camera that is)!

I've taken 2 fotos just after one another with the same setting (automatic mode in this case), and on one ocation the flash is visable on the picture, and the other one is isn't. The flash fired on both pictures.

Can someone please tell me what is happening. The first time i've expirienced this situation was this new years eve. Could the flash and camera be out of sync, or did i (or some of my guests) unintentionally alter a setting that causes this situation, even though that is nearly impossible on the auto setting? 

I am aware of the time the flash needs to recharge and everything, so the pictures is not taken in a repeated situation.

As you can see on the pictures, it's not a big room, and the picture WITH the flash is illuminated just fine. I hope some of u guys can help!

With (not showing).JPG

And the one with flash:

With.JPG

EOS 700D - Rookie
12 REPLIES 12

@Ray-uk wrote:

For a start at trying to analyse this problem stop taking flash photos into a mirror, you are probably confusing the <Removed Per Forum Guidelines> out the ETTL exposure system.

For those of us who see the "guidelines" as largely capricious and silly, could the moderators at least tell us, in each case, what guideline was violated to bring on the censorship?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Ray-uk wrote:

For a start at trying to analyse this problem stop taking flash photos into a mirror, you are probably confusing the <Removed Per Forum Guidelines> out the ETTL exposure system.

For those of us who see the "guidelines" as largely capricious and silly, could the moderators at least tell us, in each case, what guideline was violated to bring on the censorship?

I'm guessing that they removed a colorful metaphor.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

JamesLens
Contributor

Hey did you ever get this fixed and know how to fix? Please would help a lot 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements