cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image settings changed spontaneously on my 70D

KarlKrueger
Enthusiast

I recently had an expereince where my 70D, which I had set to save RAW and highest quality JPEGS, spontaneously switched to saving only lowest quality JPEGs. This happened at a point where I forgot to turn the camera off first before switching lenses.

Do you think that mishap caused this glitch? It's unnerving to think the camera might do this again without me realizing it. I lost several hours of photography not knowing this had happened.

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@KarlKrueger wrote:

I recently had an expereince where my 70D, which I had set to save RAW and highest quality JPEGS, spontaneously switched to saving only lowest quality JPEGs. This happened at a point where I forgot to turn the camera off first before switching lenses.

Do you think that mishap caused this glitch? It's unnerving to think the camera might do this again without me realizing it. I lost several hours of photography not knowing this had happened.

Obviously, you inadvertently pressed the perfect storm of buttons to change a setting. 

This can easily happen when you are removing, or replacing, the camera from a camera bag.  HIgh end cameras have a special switch to disable all buttons, which avoids accidental and inadvertent button presses when handling the camera.

Trust me on this.  The camera did not suddenly and spontaneously change its' own settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements