cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was given a Canon 650 EOS 35 mm camera with lens(70-210 mm EF,35-70mm EF, 50mm EF) and flash

goof
Apprentice

I was given a Canon 650 EOS 35 mm camera with lens(70-210 mm EF,35-70mm EF, 50mm EF) and Canon 420EZ Speedlite. I would like to start using these to take pictures. I am hoping  that I  can find a digito camera that will work with the gear that I already have. These were from my father and i would like to use for the memories. I do not know much about photography (which I will prbably take a class or two). If anyone could give me help on what I could use to keep the lens as I know the 35mm body is not worth much but memories. Can I use these lens with a digital camera. I am not that rich and would like to buy something around 250 range (used or not)

Thanks for your help in advanced

Garth

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ScottyP
Authority

The EF lenses will mount on any modern Canon digital interchangeable camera except for the mirror less one no one ever sees in stores. 

For your budget, you are looking at a used Rebel camera body. Look for a T3i or a T4i used. There is almost no difference between the two; same sensor, same autofocus, etc. That will be a good camera to get into photography with. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

View solution in original post

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

An EZ flash will work, but not very well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You got a ef 70-210mm f4?  Although it is and has been obsolete for some time, it is a real nice lens. It doesn't have IS as I don't believe it was invented yet.

Somebody told me the refur store had the T5i with kit lens for well less that 5 bills.  I think that would be well worth saving a bit longer for.  With what you have, it would make up a nice bag.  Tip, don't wait too long as if it is true they won't last long at that price.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

6 REPLIES 6

ScottyP
Authority

The EF lenses will mount on any modern Canon digital interchangeable camera except for the mirror less one no one ever sees in stores. 

For your budget, you are looking at a used Rebel camera body. Look for a T3i or a T4i used. There is almost no difference between the two; same sensor, same autofocus, etc. That will be a good camera to get into photography with. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

An EZ flash will work, but not very well.

What would I look for in a flash?

Any of the 430 EX would be good.  The 430 EX III is the most current if you want a brand new one.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Any of the 430 EX would be good.  The 430 EX III is the most current if you want a brand new one.

But personally I would get the 430 EX 2 cheap unless I was at least going to buy 2 of them, or at very least the flash plus a radio trigger, because the new feature of the 430 EX 3 is that it is radio triggered.  You need either a radio trigger or a 2nd 430 mk3 flash to use the radio trigger though. 

That said, radio triggers and off-camera flash in general is a wonderful thing. 

Scott

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You got a ef 70-210mm f4?  Although it is and has been obsolete for some time, it is a real nice lens. It doesn't have IS as I don't believe it was invented yet.

Somebody told me the refur store had the T5i with kit lens for well less that 5 bills.  I think that would be well worth saving a bit longer for.  With what you have, it would make up a nice bag.  Tip, don't wait too long as if it is true they won't last long at that price.

EB
Announcements