cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`I recently purchased a refurbished 1Dx. The camera produces files named "FUST" instead of "IMG".

EastLelandDavid
Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi EastLelandDavid!

The file name on the EOS 1D X has four alphanumeric characters followed by a four-digit image number and extension.  The first four characters are set upon factory shipment and unique to the camera.  However, you can change them.  With [USER SETTING 1], you can change and register the four characters as desired.  With [USER SETTING 2], if you register three characters, the fourth character from the left will be appended automatically to indicate the image size.  Please follow these steps:

1. Press the MENU button
  2. Select the [Setup #1] tab.
  3. Select [File Name].
  4. Select [Change User Setting 1] or [Change User Setting 2].
  5. Enter any alphanumeric characters.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz

I don't have a 1DX but if I'm not mistaken, you can change the file name in that camera. Maybe previous owner has changed it. You'll need to change it back. You can try custom function reset but I'm not sure if you can reset it (some functions doesn't get reset).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Mykolas
Authority

Hi EastLelandDavid!

The file name on the EOS 1D X has four alphanumeric characters followed by a four-digit image number and extension.  The first four characters are set upon factory shipment and unique to the camera.  However, you can change them.  With [USER SETTING 1], you can change and register the four characters as desired.  With [USER SETTING 2], if you register three characters, the fourth character from the left will be appended automatically to indicate the image size.  Please follow these steps:

1. Press the MENU button
  2. Select the [Setup #1] tab.
  3. Select [File Name].
  4. Select [Change User Setting 1] or [Change User Setting 2].
  5. Enter any alphanumeric characters.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanx much! That was exactly for what I was looking. Problem resolved. Thanx again.
David
Announcements