Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: I need major help with my camera.

MattSowards wrote:
I see, Yeah this is a real bummer as I found this camera used mostly for Vlogs and used by many YouTubers i figured it'd have the capability to use on my computer with live remote viewing.

I seriously appreciate your research and well that's even worse that even magic lantern don't support EOS M3.

Even if it could be remotely controlled, the battery is a bit small for extended video work.  I do not think there is an AC adapter available, either.  You need a video camera, or at least a camcorder.

As previously noted, you have a camera designed first, and foremost, to take still photographs.  Making videos is not a priority, but rather a bell and whistle.  Most DSLRs and mirrorless cameras have a tendency to overheat during extended use in video modes, anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."