cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Mac with OS X Yosemite and a EOS 60D. I can't seem to find a way to download my pictures.

neemalens
Apprentice

I have tried downloading the utility software, but I can't find it on Canon page. 

Website says there is no utility for this camera and the dirver/software page only has the update available for the camera.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download the Solution disk image and it will install all the software. Then you can install the updates.

Canon_U_S_A____Support___Drivers___EOS_60D.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Are you looking to import into Aperture/Photos/Lightroom, or download the images directly to your hard drive?

Pretty much all you need to do to import is connect the camera via USB and choose import in Aperture/Photos/Lightroom.

Alternatively, you can take the SD card out of the camera. If your Mac has an SD card reader, just insert the card and copy the files. Or, if you don't have a built-in SD card reader, get an external one and connect it via USB.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

No drivers are needed to transfer images to the computer.  Your Mac is able to import images either via USB or by inserting the SD card (from the camera) into the Mac (assuming your Mac has an SD card reader, but if not you can always get an SD card reader for it.). 

Any my computer would be able to view JPEG images, but to view RAW (.CR2 files) you need to make suerturere you keep up with Apple software updates for "Apple Camerra RAW" support, but the 60D has been supported natively by Apple for years.

When you connect via USB the camera must be powered on.  Also, make sure the cable you use is NOT a USB charging cable.  It needs to be a full cable (with data pins).  Some cables designed just to charge devices do not have the data pins wired from end to end.

Normally a photo app will launch when the camera or card are attached.   This would usually either be Apple Photos, or iPhoto, or Aperture.  I use Lightroom CC on my Mac so I have to launch it manually and start the import process.

If you are still stuck, please post details as to what steps you are using and hopefully we can sort this out.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements