cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a second hand 6D and can't pair it with my android.

aecjones
Apprentice

New to the forum and hoping for some answers.

I bought a second hand 6D that was paired with the previous owner's cell phone.

In the Wi-Fi funtion screen-Connecton screen I get 2 options, Exit and Confirm set.

Under confirm set I get 5 screens of settings that I assume are from the camera being paired to

the other guy's phone.  I can even see the SSID on my phone.

I can't find any info that might tell me how to undo these previous settings.

Can anyone help me out?

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi aecjones!

Welcome to the Canon Forum.  I am happy to help you with this.

There is a way to clear all of the previously set Wi-Fi settings to start from scratch.  To do this:

1. Press MENU.
  2. Select the [Tools #3] tab.
  3. Select [Wi-Fi function].
  4. Instead of selecting to connection to a smartphone, press the INFO button next to the MENU button.
  5. Choose to clear the Wi-Fi settings and confirm.

Now, when you choose the [Wi-Fi function] menu option, it will start over as if nothing was ever set in the past.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for responding to my post.

I did as you suggested but when I selected Wi-Fi function and  then INFO I got a screen showing

C1:P C2:P,

Color space

WB Sift/Bkt

Color temp

Long exp. noise reduction

High ISO speed NR

with date and time at the bottom.

Thanks,

April

Hello Aecjones, 

Given the extended issues that you're having with your EOS 6D' s Wi Fi pairing, we would recommend calling our Customer Care Center for live, step by step assistance.

Please call 1(800)828-4040 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Our agents are available Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to Midnight EST, and on Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements