cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post.

TGAF
Contributor

Now I see how to post....NEW MESSAGE...Didn't see that before.

15 REPLIES 15

BaggerJRebelT6
Apprentice

I'm new and don't see anything on how to post--what to put on the "To" line and how to target the message. Thanks for your response.

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forum and thank you for your post!

You can find out all about posting messages in our FAQs here. We hope this helps!

Hi I can't find any "New Message" button. Why isn't it showing?

@JoobieDoobiewrote:

Hi I can't find any "New Message" button. Why isn't it showing?

It doesn't show while you're reading messages. You have to go to the level above, where the list of threads is displayed.

I.e., from where you are as you read this, click on "Message Listing".

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Found it!  Thank you so much Bob!

MTNhiker-461
Apprentice

Hello,

I have deleted and re-installed both my Canoscan 8800F scanner and the MP Navigator Ex 1.0 on my Windows computer using Windows 7.

The MP Navigator Ex software locked up and and now I can't open it.

Any suggestions for a fix?

I would guess you didn't get rid of all the old installation.  Deleting it won't completely remove it from your computer.  Also make sure you have the correct version for Win 7.

BTW you should probably ask this in the "Software" section of the forum.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi, MTNhiker-461.

If the computer is a laptop, ensure that it is plugged in to external power while scanning; the USB connection on battery power may not have a sufficiently strong signal to power the scanner and communicate with it.

If the CanoScan 8800F was installed using the drivers on the installation CD, then you may need to uninstall it, then download and install the more up-to-date version of both the drivers and the MP Navigator EX software.  They're available, free of charge, on the CanoScan 8800F's Drivers & Downloads page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/support-scanners-canoscan...

Note: if the computer is not connected to the internet, then you may transfer the individual driver and software installation files to transferrable media (USB drive, burn to CD, etc.), and then transfer it to the computer for offline installation.

In the case that the MP Navigator EX is becoming hung due to security software, you may need to add it and the appropriate ports (UDP 1900, UDP 8612, and UDP3702) as exceptions in order to allow the scanner and its software to communicate.  Refer to the security software's support for directions on adding exceptions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Fritz44
Apprentice

I recently purchased a Canon 5D Mark IV.  I bought a 32GB Lexar 3500X 525GB/s GB CF card for it.  The card doesn't seem to fit into the slot.  Everything I read online says it should fit into the CF slot.  I found an unused 8GB SanDisk 30MB/s CF Disk that fits and works just fine.  What am I missing or doing wrong?

Announcements