cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to conect a Canon EOS 300D to a computer.

BML
Contributor

I have had a Canon 300D for a few years and my Windows 10 computer for a year or so and whenever I wanted to download photos I took the SanDisc 256mb out of the camera, placed it into a hama USB 2.0 Card Reader 9in1 and plugged it into a USB socket. It never opened automatically so I used to click onto the “This PC” icon and then clicked onto whichever USB Icon showed a coloured line indicating content.

I did this today and nothing happened so I tried a number of USBs carrying data and they all worked. I then tried the card reader with my laptop and it worked so there is no fault with the card reader. Any ideas would be welcome.

In the meantime I thought that I would connect the Camera to my Windows 10 computer but there is no detail in my Canon instruction book so I wonder if anyone could point me towards where I may find some. Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

That info was in the separate software manual. The only "instructions" in the regular manual are on the system map.

You should be able to just plug it in, you might have to flip between "PC communication" and PTP in the camera menus.

I moved it from "PC communication" to PTP in the camera menus and all I have seen so far is bu59 in the window next to Menu..

lly3988
Rising Star

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos_300d.aspx?typ...

There is no USB port for connecting your camera to the PC.. (wrong - read p.129 of manual)

P.10 shows a digital terminal for connecting to the printer.

What I would really like to know is why the card reader stopped working.

Announcements