cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3

bajatony1
Apprentice

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3. Someone said it was available on the utilities disc, but i can't find it.

Cheers

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sent you a PM.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

Thanks for your prompt response. 

I'm troubleshooting the error 20 problem on my own rather than send it in to Cannon.

Since I hope to fix it on my own. Can you tell me how to get the shutter count on my own?

I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Private Message sent.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Mr. Hoffman, could you please PM me with how this is done?  Thanks so much! 

Can't seem to find the answer anywhere yet.

Can someone help with how to check the shutter count on 5D MK3 Please?

Hi John! Can you share with me how to check the shutter count on my 5D mark 3? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks! 

Also do you have any idea what the average count is per camera life? THANKS IN ADVANCE! 🙂 

What's with the PM's? This is a public forum, after all. Wouldn't it be easier to post the info so you don't have to keep sending PM's?

rosesattic
Apprentice

This worked for me on both my cameras

[link removed per forum guidelines]

Good luck!

Peter
Authority
Authority
EosInfo, 40D Shutter Count, 400plus, Magic Lantern, EosCount or leave it to Canon service centre.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Forum rules do not allow posting commercial websites.

Just do a little Google work and you will find how to get a ShutterCount.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

lly3988
Rising Star
Hey, Guys

My friend sent her 5D Mk2 to Canon for repair. The motherboard and some other parts were replaced. The repair facility reset everything and there appeared to have only a few shutter counts on the camera when she received it.

So if you have acquired a camera like this, will you be able to know the actual mileage of the camera.

Just curious if Canon can do all the tricks.

So why worry about SC if your camera is doing fine. I also know that video guys don't care about SC at all. Also a low SC camera may have been used in shooting videos for hundreds or even thousands hours. And does it affect anything at all ?
Announcements