cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3

bajatony1
Apprentice

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3. Someone said it was available on the utilities disc, but i can't find it.

Cheers

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sent you a PM.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

ERR 20 and ERR 30 indicate mechanical problems. If you send to Canon for repair hey can also give you shutter count.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi -

Could you please email me the instructions on how to get a shutter count for my 5d mkiii?  Thanks!  

Ben

wcmary@gmail.com

Hi is getting the shutter count on the mark 3 an easy process that we can do ourselves? Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Lane

Hey! I noticed you seem to be the one helping people firgure out their shutter count on the 5D Mark iii! would you mind sharing your wisdom with me? I'm selling mine and i want to give as much info as i can to the potential buyer! Thanks in advance! 

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

If you want to find the shutter count of your EOS 5D Mark III, you will need to send your camera in to be evaluated with a request for shutter count included. Our technicians will send you an estimate to let you know the cost, if there is any, before anything is done. The shutter count will be included in the evaluation upon request. To send in your camera for evaluation please go here: http://Canon.us/htyv

Thanks! 

tylor313, Adagio8,

If you get the shutter count from any other source besides a real deal Canon service center, it may or may not be accurate.  Just keep that in mind.  And, just because somebody got an accurate count from some unofficial sourcedoes not guarantee you will.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Can you please explain the procedure?

Hello Themoneta!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

If you would like to find the shutter count of your EOS 5D Mark III, you will need to send your camera in to be evaluated with a request for shutter count included. Our technicians will send you an estimate to let you know the cost, if there is any, before anything is done. The shutter count will be included in the evaluation upon request. To send in your camera for evaluation please go HERE

Thanks!

Hi John, I was reading responses to this thread as I have the same query. I need to get a shuttercount off a Mkiii and cannot work out how. Would you please be so kind to share your answer with me also?
All the very best.

Could you send me a tip as well John?  (How to check counter on 5D mark III) much obliged

Peter 

Announcements