cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3

bajatony1
Apprentice

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3. Someone said it was available on the utilities disc, but i can't find it.

Cheers

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sent you a PM.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

lly3988
Rising Star
I have been sending my gears to Canon for repair and service when necessary.

Paying ten of thousands to buy your gears doesn't mean they will last for ever and you can have free service from Canon.

It's not just Canon. BTW.

You just refuted your own argument "When necessary". This is not necessary to send in for service.

lly3988
Rising Star
Calm down. You have what you want here for free. Just enjoy taking pictures.
Peace

Yet another person trying to impose their opinion on another's behavior- I never said or implied I was upset, only defending my opinion. You appear to not like the rebuttal to your answers so you resort to making the other person, in this instance, me to appear as if I have acted inappropriately... definitely a tactic used to try and misdirect the attention to something off-topic.

Guys,

The Canon Community Forums are intended to be a safe place for users to ask questions and get the most from their Canon gear. 

This thread has gone way off topic! Several comments are also in violation of the Forum Guidelines. Please  look over the "Participation" section in its entirety to keep this in mind for future posts!

If further violations persist, we'll have to start banning users - either temporarily or permanently, depending on the severity of the situation. 

Thank you for your understanding and for your participation!

Failure probablilites are typically statistically based. For example 90% probability that 90% of all widgets will last for 100,000 actuations. Note its not 100% probability of 100% of them.

Failures generally follow a "bathtub curve" - early failure of defective components, a period of good performance and then increasing age-related failures. Not unlike the human species.

Capture1.JPG

The fact that one gets a great deal on a camera - five years old, perfect condition and only 5K shutter clicks - doesn't mean it won't fail two weeks after he bought it.

When I am looking at new vs used I always consider what might reasonably happen to the used during the time period of the new warranty and add that to the price of the used. If its still a good deal go for it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

lly3988
Rising Star
When you have other choices and you feel conformable, then you can opt not to send in for service. In the case of SC, I find it more than easy to handle it myself.

I have the skill and experience to open up cameras and lenses to do repair myself. But there are times when special equipment and techniques are required and l need Canon''s help, I will definitely pay for the repair/service.

lly3988
Rising Star
Time to go out to enjoy the beautiful weather now. No more wasting time here discussing a meaningless argument.
Bye.

gnvav
Apprentice

Hi thre, I have the same issue, any chance you could tell me how do you check the shutter count on 5dMK3?

it is not via exif.

Thanks

joe

Private Message sent.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements