cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I shoot in Raw and jpeg at the same time on my 6D?

chitch7
Contributor

Canon 6D.  I've been shooting in jpeg for a long time.  I'm trying to start using Raw some.  When I select to shoot in Raw and Jpeg together (Raw/Ljpeg), it seems I'm only getting pics in Raw.  All pics suffix are CR2.  What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Mac or PC? For PC choose Edit->Preferences->General.

For Mac choose Lightroom->Preferences->General.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What software are you using? Have you tried a card reader to look at the files directly?

I'm using Lightroom and all the pics have a suffix of CR2. 

Did you verify the setting shown in Message #3 above?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Did you verify the setting shown in Message #3 above?

This also begs the question, how are photos being imported into LR from the camera.  Seems like a USB cable, to me.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Verified the setting.  Just took one pic a few minutes ago.  Checked SD card and there is only one pic.  Import pics to LR by plugging SD card into laptop.

When you say you checked the SD card did you open it as a disk drive in Windows Explorer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just changed my setting to RAW/ L (jpeg) and took one pic.  Loaded the one pic that is on the SD card into Lightroom.  In Lightroom there is only one pic and it has a suffix of CR2.

Just tried something different......Loaded same pic from the SD card into Picasa.  In Picasa there are two pics.  One Raw and one Jpeg.  There must be a setting in Lightroom that I need to change.

Looks like there must be a setting I need to change in Lightroom.  Just took one shot and plugged SD card into Laptop.  Viewing the SD card both images are there, RAW and Jpeg.  Also loaded the one image into Picasa and it has both images.  Load it into Lightroom and there is only one image, the Raw pic.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Some software will treat RAW next to JPEG as a single file and only show the RAW.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements