cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload pictures from EOS M3 to my computer wirelessly?

NEPix
Contributor

I have an early EOS M3 with firmware 1.0.0. Purchased in 2015 and with Canon support, set up to upload all files, jpg and RAW, to my PC via WiFi connection from anywhere in my house or environs.  Recently the camera has lost this ability and Canon support has proven to be unable to fix the problem.

I do not know if the camera originally uploaded to the Image Gateway and then back down to my PC but I do know that the process took two "OK's" from the WiFi menu to a preselected folder on my PC.

Apparently the M3 is not well recognized by EOS UTility 3.  I have seen a compatibility table which says Utility 2 is for M3, but I cannot find a download for Utility 2 and when I click on the "Canon Utility2" icon on my PC nothing appears so apparently it has been removed by a download of Utility 3, or something.

What is the problem here? The EOS UTility, as far as I know, is for downloading via USB cable.  I want to download wirelessly so as to minimize wear and tear on the camera (or my PC  IF anyone has encountered this problem and found a fix I would dearly love to know what to do!! I think it's an obvious mistake on my part .....

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle:

Many thanks for your prompt reply.  I have read the manuals and so have the several Canon support people I have consulted about this problem.  Perhaps you failed to carefully read my first post--this camera uploaded pictures including RAWs  to my PC up until  late October of this year. No muss no fuss, just 2 or so clicks of the "OK" button and the job was done without furtherintervention or attention..  This M3 has firmware version 1.0.0 which did upload to a PC; my second M3 had firmware 1.0.1 which did NOT.

I''ve had two or three people suggest that the problem is some Windows "update" which has destroyed some part of my O/S which was iportant to this function.  

@NEPix wrote:

Waddizzle:

Many thanks for your prompt reply.  I have read the manuals and so have the several Canon support people I have consulted about this problem.  Perhaps you failed to carefully read my first post--this camera uploaded pictures including RAWs  to my PC up until  late October of this year. No muss no fuss, just 2 or so clicks of the "OK" button and the job was done without furtherintervention or attention..  This M3 has firmware version 1.0.0 which did upload to a PC; my second M3 had firmware 1.0.1 which did NOT.

I''ve had two or three people suggest that the problem is some Windows "update" which has destroyed some part of my O/S which was iportant to this function.  

I read your post.  Why do you think I told what you're trying to do doesn't work? What your attempting do is outright the wrong way.   The camera doesn't connect directly to your PC.  Period. 

Your M3 camera should upload to the Canon Gateway via an internet connection.  You run an applciation on your PC to retrieve files from the Canon Gateway.  That's how it works with the Canon supplied software. 

Canon experienced some extended down time with their Canon Gateway sevearal weeks ago, BTW. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements