cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Canon EOS utility and remote shooting with studio flash

lucpla
Contributor

Hi, I have a Canon 5D MarkIII, and some White Lightning studio flashes. I want to operate the camera in manual mode (to be able to set a given shutter speed and aperture). I am trying to use the Canon EOS utility to remotely control the camera using Live View. Flash is connected to the PC terminal on the camera. Problem is that the flash doesn't get triggered. I also tried a hot shoe adapter with PC terminal and inserted in the hot shoe on the camera, but flash still doesn't get triggered. Any ideas how to make this work? Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

I had the exact same problem, and yes, disabling Silent LV works - but now I cannot view the image on the computer or the camera screen.  Is there a way to view the image while shooting?  Thanks!

I'm having the same issue but setting "silent live view" to "disabled" do not solve the problem.

Is there anything else the we can do about it ?

Thanks

If you are using an older style external flash with a standard wall household outlet type connection wire to hotshoe connector, try switching around/reversing the outlet connector part. I spent the better part of 3 hours playing with every setting until that worked. 

Announcements