Did you mean: 

HDR for RTF

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Some are 'ordinary' aren't they?

_D3X7554-HDR.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
28 REPLIES 28

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

...and....

_DS33217.jpg

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

...and....

_DS33217.jpg

Nice shot. <chuckle!> You could hardly have known this, Ernie, but I played the French horn in high school and college. I even wrapped mine with electrical tape, just like that one.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Ernie, that photo of the French horn really caught my eye.. that's a beautiful shot.  

You're getting a bit of a reflection off the wrapping paper (maybe a polarizer could help subdue that) but it's still a wonder photo.

BTW... what means "RTF"?  Apologies if I should know this (and or if my brain is just too tired at the end of a long day).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@TCampbell wrote:

Ernie, that photo of the French horn really caught my eye.. that's a beautiful shot.  

You're getting a bit of a reflection off the wrapping paper (maybe a polarizer could help subdue that) but it's still a wonder photo.

BTW... what means "RTF"?  Apologies if I should know this (and or if my brain is just too tired at the end of a long day).

He means me.

Bob

"BTW... what means "RTF"?"

Smiley Very Happy  Yes it does refer to Bob from Boston.  The biggest critic of HDR I know!  The reflection of the wrapping and chimney was a feature and I tried hard to make sure it was there.  That shot has gotten some nice comments from the school and I am deeply humbled by it.  It is the opening slide of a slideshow for the kids er, ah, I mean young musicians.

EB

Oh and BTW, it was also hand held.  As usual there wasn't enough, or more accurately, not the correct light for the shot.  I don't know a photographer yet that doesn't have some excuse why the shot was so difficult so that is mine.  ...........

This time. Smiley Wink

EB

@TCampbell wrote:

I was admiring the reflections of the wrapping paper, too.  That's when I noticed that some of the wrapping paper was actually a guy wearing a red checkered, plaid shirt, blue jeans, and holding a camera.  Looks like it would  be hard to remove.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@TCampbell wrote:

I was admiring the reflections of the wrapping paper, too.  That's when I noticed that some of the wrapping paper was actually a guy wearing a red checkered, plaid shirt, blue jeans, and holding a camera.  Looks like it would  be hard to remove.

It's reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock. In the movies he directed, he always made a cameo appearance in one scene.

Bob

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@TCampbell wrote:

It's reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock. In the movies he directed, he always made a cameo appearance in one scene.

LOL.  It doesn't take away from the shot, though.  The detailed reflections of light and color are what draw your attention.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements