Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

HDMI out on the 80d

Will canon be updating the firmware on the 80d to allow clean HDMI out?

Love the camera but want to be able to record to an external recorder.

Honored Contributor

Re: HDMI out on the 80d

nevad73 wrote:

I doubt it, but you never know.  Why did you buy a still camera, when you really wanted a video camera?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Re: HDMI out on the 80d

Waddizzle wrote:

nevad73 wrote:

I doubt it, but you never know.  Why did you buy a still camera, when you really wanted a video camera?

What type of response to his question is this?  You do realize it records video as well as takes pictures, yes?  I'm sure they bought it because it does both.  It has dual pixel AF and a great flip out screen which is not practical for photography but for filming, so having clean hdmi out would be a great addition/tool to get around the 30 minute record time limit.  I don't think it is too much to ask, but I suppose it would cannibalize sales of their models you have to pay 2X for though, yes?  I too wish the 80D would have clean HDMI out.  My Nikon D600 has it.