cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI out on the 80d

nevad73
Apprentice

Will canon be updating the firmware on the 80d to allow clean HDMI out?

Love the camera but want to be able to record to an external recorder.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@nevad73 wrote:

I doubt it, but you never know.  Why did you buy a still camera, when you really wanted a video camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@nevad73 wrote:

I doubt it, but you never know.  Why did you buy a still camera, when you really wanted a video camera?

What type of response to his question is this?  You do realize it records video as well as takes pictures, yes?  I'm sure they bought it because it does both.  It has dual pixel AF and a great flip out screen which is not practical for photography but for filming, so having clean hdmi out would be a great addition/tool to get around the 30 minute record time limit.  I don't think it is too much to ask, but I suppose it would cannibalize sales of their models you have to pay 2X for though, yes?  I too wish the 80D would have clean HDMI out.  My Nikon D600 has it.

@marcusdmc wrote:
What type of response to his question is this?

A completely LAME and trollish one. From some arrogant blowhard who clearly doesn't have a clue.

And the reason that Canon won't finally give the 80D clean HDMI is just plain becasue: THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR USERS and are completely and utter out of touch with the market. ESPECIALLY the video market!

In addition to that, their arrogance is costing them big time, since other cameras that DO care are eating their lunch! There are endless other cameras in the same price range from Sony, Nikon (as you mentioned) that have a clean HDMI out, and that's where people are (understandably!) flocking. Which is why I am SELLING MY 80D and have absolutely NO plans of going Canon ever again. They have just dropped the ball on so many levels and just DON'T GET IT. It's pathetic.

Announcements