cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found Canon EOS 6OD in Gainesville Florida

Bamafan
Apprentice

Trying to locate owner of found Canon camera. Very nice camera. You can contact me to see if this is your camera. 

You must know time frame lost, approximate location, and a key piece of info to identify. Seriel # won't hurt. 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

It's pretty unlikely that the owner will happen to read a message on this forum. I'd contact the Gainsville police (since they're who the owner is likely to contact) and Canon (in case the owner registered the serial number).

EDIT: One likely place for someone to accidentally abandon a camera is in a mall food court. If that's the case, the mall itself may have a "Lost & Found" department.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"It's pretty unlikely that the owner will happen to read a message on this forum"

Yes I think it an extreme long shot, too.  Possible not probable.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@RobertTheFat wrote:

It's pretty unlikely that the owner will happen to read a message on this forum. I'd contact the Gainsville police (since they're who the owner is likely to contact) and Canon (in case the owner registered the serial number).

That might be a feature, not a bug. 8^)

(Note: It really does look like the OP is doing the right thing, so this is not a mark against his character, hence the smiley)

Might be a good idea to see if the owner filled in the Authors name or Copyright fields.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Stephen

Hi Bamafan!

Thanks for posting on the Canon Community Forum!

When you get a few minutes, we ask that you please call Canon USA support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Our US-based team is available from 8am to Midnight (ET) during the week, and from 10am to 8pm (ET) on Saturdays. 

They will be able to help.

Bamafan
Apprentice
Thank you. I will.

Bamafan
Apprentice
I am in contact with all the proper authorities but thought the owner may also have been a forum member or thought to look here as well.

Bamafan
Apprentice
It was not left in a mall or food court or I would have pursued that connection. Thanks for your input though. I am a reasonably educated individual and have thought of all the obvious places to report lost and found items. Just decided to post here just in case the owner was someone who might be someone who would frequent these types of forums. I am doing everything I can to locate the owner.
Announcements