Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Forgot the password connected to my Cannon 6D

FOUND IT!!

Select Wi-Fi function > And then on the ‘Connection’ screen, select Exit. Don’t just *exit* the screen by hitting menu. Actually select Exit on the touchscreen or highlight Exit with the directional buttons and press the *enter* button.

On ‘Exit wireless LAN function’ screen, select Ok.

Now press the ‘Info’ button to enter General settings. (Or make selection on screen.)

Now you can choose ‘Clear Wi-Fi settings’ , select Ok. Once you do that you can then create a new “camera Wi-Fi”, in which you can then be given the password during the creation process.

Whew! That was driving me nuts!

Let me know if that works for anyone else!

New Contributor

Thank you :-) It works for me :-)

New Contributor

dgtlfnk wrote:
FOUND IT!!

Select Wi-Fi function > And then on the ‘Connection’ screen, select Exit. Don’t just *exit* the screen by hitting menu. Actually select Exit on the touchscreen or highlight Exit with the directional buttons and press the *enter* button.

On ‘Exit wireless LAN function’ screen, select Ok.

Now press the ‘Info’ button to enter General settings. (Or make selection on screen.)

Now you can choose ‘Clear Wi-Fi settings’ , select Ok. Once you do that you can then create a new “camera Wi-Fi”, in which you can then be given the password during the creation process.

Whew! That was driving me nuts!

Let me know if that works for anyone else!

Thanks!  That worked for me as well.  This should NOT have to be this painful!!!

New Contributor

Taylor - so glad to see you also are so frustrated with this - can't get the 6D used body I just bought to work WiFi correctly either...Daniel