cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files naming

psa1
Apprentice

Is there a way to name a video file different from a still file in the 5D Mark 3? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello psa1,

Through the preferences window within EOS Utility, with the camera connected, you can change the file naming system.  You can set prefix characters, number of digits, and start number individually for file names.  You wouldn't be able to designate between video and stills though.  A quick sort by file type in your explorer window will quickly separate these files though due to their different file types.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available through our Support Site.  Please use this to Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply.

Not a solution because my burning program won't allow me to sort by files and so if I want to burn a still,  I have to click on each still, yes I could use window to sort them out first before going into my burning program but that is extra steps, I have T2i, T3i, 60D, 7D Mark 2 and the Mark 3 is the only one that name both still and video with the same name.

Can't you write video to one card slot and photos to the other?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements