cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FW update request for 7D2

digital
Rising Star

Is this a good place to do this?

I'm still old school and like to use the shutter button for static shots. I have never had an issue keeping the shutter half pressed to maintain AF lock between burst shots in AI Servo. However I have warmed up th the Back Button Focus over the last few months.      

I am going to continue using the shutter for static shots.   

I set the AF-ON so AI Servo activates and set my AF, case, etc for the condtions.  

I set the * button to AI Servo, Case 6, 65 point zone activate for those emergency moments.

I leave the AF mode on One shot and the drive on High Speed Continuous so when I use the AF-ON or * buttions. The only glitch is it would be nice to have the drive mode option in the Custom Controls "Detail Set" so I could leave the cam on Single Shooting. Easy to delete duplicate static shot images in PP which are not many as this is my action camera. 

It sure would complete the Detial Set to add drive mode and maybe ISO and shutter speed options. Drive mode alone would be very helpful.   

4 REPLIES 4

You've lost me there, so I don't really understand exactly what you're asking for. But I wonder if you couldn't get what you want by using the C1, C2, and C3 dial positions (which I assume the 7D2 has, since the standard 7D does).

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I'm asking Canon to add the drive mode option to custom controls - detail set. I'm aware of C1-3 but Canon has added the detail set feature which is really cool and I like to use.   

I am not following you either.  Are you wanting to be able to 'adjust' these (drivemode and the others) while you are in a custom mode?  That would be called manual mode wouldn't it?

At any rate whatever it is you want this isn't the place as this is a public forum with a few Canon Moderators.  Not really a way to ask for or offer ideas for a upgradge to Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

On the Custom Controls which can be located in the orange menus (with camera icon), tab 3 you can assign different options for the shutter, AF-ON and * buttons.

When in AF- ON or * if you press the "info" button the detail set comes up where you can instruct the camera on the AF start posiion, AI Servo characterstics, AF operationan and AF area selection mode.

I set the AF-ON button so AI Servo activates.

I set the * button so Case 6, AI Serco and 65 point zone activate.

All I'm saying is it would ne nice if Canon added the drive mode so I could program for One Shot or AI Servo. No problem. I won't submit any new ideas to requests.                

Announcements