cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Mic Fail

engelauren
Apprentice

Hi,

I used a Canon M3 to make a video and stuck inside a mic but now looking back all the audio is fuzzy sounds.  I really can't have my audio not work and I didn't realize that the mic would mess up the sound.  Any chance there's a way that the camera audio itself recorded it and I can find it inside the video file?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sorry, but the camera only records audio from one source at a time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Any chance I can recover the file that I recorded on my external mic?  I don't understand why it came out all fuzzy.  I used to use it on my G12 and it was fine.  

Thank you!

@engelauren wrote:

Any chance I can recover the file that I recorded on my external mic?  I don't understand why it came out all fuzzy.  I used to use it on my G12 and it was fine.  

Thank you!

No.  The camera records only one audio source.  If the sound is too noisy, then there is little you can do about it.  Stick a fork in it.

"I used a Canon M3 to make a video and stuck inside a mic but now looking back all the audio is fuzzy sounds."

I've been trying to figure that out.  Are you saying that you attached a microphone, and the recorded audio was distorted?  Or was it noisy?  What does the audio sound like when you do not use an external microphone?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@engelauren wrote:

Thank you!

No.  The camera records only one audio source.  If the sound is too noisy, then there is little you can do about it.  Stick a fork in it.

Advice to any newbies watching this discussion: Always try out new equipment or different equipment combinations BEFORE an important shoot, not during it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements