Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Error 02 on 5D mk ii when importing to mac but not pc?

[ Edited ]

Hi guys

I am having an issue with importing. I do a lot of youtube videos and use my 5D as a face cam (Over kill i know but o well). Previously i would just plug my camera into my mac and start to import the videos until one day I kept getting a "Error 02" message. After it began to appear half way through an import, it started happening almost instantainiously. 

I have tried the same method on my PC and it seems to work fine. I have got 1 error message but then it imported fine afterwards. 

I edit on my videos on my mac so at the moment I am having to import them onto my pc and then upload them to a cloud to then download them on my mac. This is a very long and tedious process as one of my videos will be 20gb+ so it is taking the majority of a day to bring them across.

Has anyone found a way around this error as I have searched google but no one seems to have a fix.

I use a link up cable to plug my camera into my mac/pc and have tried various programs such as

EOS Utility

Photo

Icapture

I get the same results no matter what program I use.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Error 02 on 5D mk ii when importing to mac but not pc?

morvi wrote:

Hi guys

I am having an issue with importing. I do a lot of youtube videos and use my 5D as a face cam (Over kill i know but o well). Previously i would just plug my camera into my mac and start to import the videos until one day I kept getting a "Error 02" message. After it began to appear half way through an import, it started happening almost instantainiously. 

I have tried the same method on my PC and it seems to work fine. I have got 1 error message but then it imported fine afterwards. 

I edit on my videos on my mac so at the moment I am having to import them onto my pc and then upload them to a cloud to then download them on my mac. This is a very long and tedious process as one of my videos will be 20gb+ so it is taking the majority of a day to bring them across.

Has anyone found a way around this error as I have searched google but no one seems to have a fix.

I use a link up cable to plug my camera into my mac/pc and have tried various programs such as

EOS Utility

Photo

Icapture

I get the same results no matter what program I use.

Card reader.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."