Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Enable spot metering on 5D Mk IV

Hi

Im looking for the quickest possible way to ebale spot metering on the 5D4.  Is there a way, please, to assign it to a custom button?

Thanks very much

Julian

Re: Enable spot metering on 5D Mk IV

Hi there, Eagleburger!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums!

To change the Metering Mode on an EOS 5D Mark IV, you'll just want to follow the procedure outlined HERE

If you need one-on-one assistance, just reach out to our free, US-based technical support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) from 8am to Midnight Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, or 10am to 8pm Eastern on Saturday. 

New Contributor

Thanks for this.  I'm really looking for something quicker than the satandard way - which I suspect isn't available.  The equivalent would be assgining a custom button to change focus mode temorarily to Servo - which you can do.

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Eagleburger wrote:

Thanks for this.  I'm really looking for something quicker than the satandard way - which I suspect isn't available.  The equivalent would be assgining a custom button to change focus mode temorarily to Servo - which you can do.

Thanks

Save the camera configuration that you want to use as a custom "C" shooting mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."