cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS utility won't wake up the 1DC

mdantzker
Contributor

One of our photographers is in the field with our 1D-C and is having trouble with the EOS Utlity.  Actually it is working very well except for one key thing, the software won't wake the camera up.  What I mean is that, while a half press of the shutter on the actual camera will wake it from sleep, the shutter button in the software will not.  We are on a new powerbook with 10.8 and on the newest version of the utility.  That said, this is our first time shooting with the utility so it could be something really simple, or it could be that the 1D-C is new and not 100% working yet.  I appreciate all thoughts and advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi mdantzker!

What you are describing is normal.  When the camera powers off or goes to sleep, there is no longer any communication between the computer and the camera, so EOS Utility cannot establish a connection with the camera to be able to wake it up.  If there is an issue with the camera going to sleep, I recommend that you disable the auto power off feature in the menu.  Please follow these steps:

1DC.JPG

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi mdantzker!

What you are describing is normal.  When the camera powers off or goes to sleep, there is no longer any communication between the computer and the camera, so EOS Utility cannot establish a connection with the camera to be able to wake it up.  If there is an issue with the camera going to sleep, I recommend that you disable the auto power off feature in the menu.  Please follow these steps:

1DC.JPG

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements