cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility question - checked preference won't 'stick'!

StevenLyall
Apprentice

When I had Windows XP, I checked the 'Start EOS Utility when teh camera is connected' box in Preferences, and that's exactly what happened.  It worked every time.

Now that I have Windows 7, I find that when I check this box in Preferences, it's not checked the next time I look, and I always have to start the utility manually.

Any advice would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Do you have the camera connected when you make your preferences? If not do so.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Many thanks - I tried this, but unfortunately, no joy!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sorry, that was my only suggestion.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Mykolas
Authority

Hi StevenLyall,

Please ensure that the camera is connected to the computer and powered on before making any changes to the preferences in EOS Utility.  If it is not, some of the changes will not be saved.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Blumenfeld5
Apprentice
Same problem- EOS Utility will not automatically launch nor save preferences for my two different cameras, regardless of whether the cameras are appropriately connected and powered on. Everything is currently appropriately updated according to Canon site (downloads, drivers, etc). Worked seamlessly with old Digital Rebel XT. I *can* manually launch EOS Utility and download my photos for both units. This is simply a difficulty with establishing automatica launch and download function. AutoPlay settings for Windows doesn't list EOS Utility as an AutoPlay program option for the Rebel T2i. The EOS M doesn't show up at all as a device in the AutoPlay/Device menu. Windows 7 - 64 bit Canon EOS M Canon EOS Rebel T2i Anyone found a way to get these two bits of technology to recognize and communicate with each other better?

Just for grins, start the program with a 'runas admin' and then set your preferences and see if they stick.  If those changes are being saved to a protected part of the registry or a file in a an area where ACL's have to be dealt with, this could be a possible solution for you.  Good luck

I run my laptop as admin at all times.  This was a factor I verified before posting to the forum, just to be SURE I hadn't missed an appropriate setting or permission.

Announcements