cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 77D question

jfrew
Contributor

Just purchased the 77d.  When I take an indoor flash pic with the camera in Auto the ISO is set to 3200.  When I take the same picture in the P mode  the ISO is 400.  It looks like there is a setting in the menu that allows you to set the Auto ISO.  That setting is at 400 but still takes photo at 3200.  

Convinced that I am missing something simple.  Hard to believe that they want indoor flash to be at that high of an ISO.

Thank you

Jfrew

11 REPLIES 11

I am still not totally clear on your querry but, "If you were shooting an indoor picture in auto ......with flash......would you expect auto ISO to select 3200?"

The ISO 3200 is what the camera metered with what it saw.  The actuall flash picture may be different.  Have you checked th exif?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for your reply and help.  I did check the pics and they are being taken at 3200 .   I right clicked on a few pics that I have saved to the computer and also checked other pics on the camera by using the INFO button.  All of them show they are at 3200.  

Maybe I am making a big deal of out this but my previous EOS cameras would have never set an ISO of 3200 with flash/indoor photography.  

Thanks

JFrew

Announcements