cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 77D Network Switch / How to set default?

ds101
Apprentice

Hello experts,

Is there a way to set a home SSID as the default for wifi networking on this camera?  I would like to hit the wifi button, have it automatically connect to my home network, and then be able to open the remote control app on iPad or Macbook.

I skimmed through the network wifi manual and couldn't find a way to do this.  Thanks for any advice.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ds101
Apprentice

If I leave the camera on, and not let it go to sleep, it seems to stay in Network mode and can be reconnected to as needed.  

While the camera will save the settings for each registered device, like PC, tablet, etc, it does not appear to have a way to save the network it connected to last.  So it will default to it's own internal SSID and I have to switch it each time I want to go network mode.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ds101
Apprentice

If I leave the camera on, and not let it go to sleep, it seems to stay in Network mode and can be reconnected to as needed.  

While the camera will save the settings for each registered device, like PC, tablet, etc, it does not appear to have a way to save the network it connected to last.  So it will default to it's own internal SSID and I have to switch it each time I want to go network mode.

Announcements